Business Operations Analyst – Operations Finance(Job Id 3986)
Category: Finance Bargaining Unit: Non-Union
Employment Type: Employee Job Code: 490513
Standard Hours: 80 Exempt From Overtime: Yes
Demonstrates the highest standards of accuracy, sound reasoning, and comprehensive synthesis in supporting assigned business unit(s) data driven decision making by creating detailed work plans and schedules, conducting comprehensive research and analysis, identifying options, preparing reports for management review and making recommendations regarding potential actions and/or changes. In support of efforts to achieve budget objectives, maximize financial resources, and improve the assigned business unit(s) overall financial performance, executes a myriad set of accountabilities, including but not limited to: preparing annual operating and capital budgets; maintaining checks on financial expenditures and prudent utilization of resources; and maintaining systems. Provides business operational support in the development of strategic business, market and operational plans focused on the growth of clinical, academic and financial performance. Conducts cost/volume and environmental assessments on existing and potential markets. Upholds the mission, vision, values, and customer service standards of The MetroHealth System.
• Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field
• Three to five years financial management experience which includes program planning, financial
and productivity analysis, and physician/hospital billing and reimbursement and reporting systems
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and demonstrated experience with health
• Proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word with working knowledge of MS Access and/or
statistical software packages.
• Working knowledge of healthcare data and inter-related nature of coding nomenclatures (e.g.
DRG’s, CPT’s, etc.)
• Experience requesting and extracting data from healthcare information systems (e.g. EPIC, Infor,
• Experience in preparing and presenting leadership-ready comprehensive documents in multiple
formats (e.g. analytical findings and reports, executive summaries, presentations, workbooks,
• Must possess critical thinking, analytical and strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Master’s degree in a business related field.
• Experience with a large healthcare hospital system (public system highly desirable).
• Knowledge of financial/managerial accounting and activity based costing
May need to move around intermittently during the day, including sitting, standing, stooping,
bending, and ambulating.
May need to remain still for extended periods, including sitting and standing.
Ability to communicate in face-to-face, phone, email, and other communications.
Ability to read job related documents.
Ability to use computer.